Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Greatest Man I Ever Knew

I enjoyed spending time with family for Thanksgiving and Christmas. It is so important to be with the ones you love and even more important to not take any moment for granted. As many of you know, my Papa fought a long battle with cancer. He first found out that he had cancer when my cousin Alex was born over 10 years ago. He never let cancer get him down and continued to be larger than life both physically and personally. His zest for life was known by anyone who met him. His grandkids were his power source. He would hold me and as we cuddled he would tell me that I was charging his battery. I will never forget the first time I charged his battery. I will also never forget the last time I charged his battery. Although I only got to be with my Papa for a short time I will always know him through my many family members, through Papa's many friends, and all the memories that they continue to tell me. Papa taught me my first life lesson. Fighting for what you believe in each day will bring you good fortune and even better memories. Papa, you will always be in our hearts and you will forever be my Mommy's sunshine.
Rest in peace Papa you'll never know dear how much I miss you!

 My first battery charging with Papa at Northside Hospital in 2010.

My last battery charging with Papa in Waynesboro in 2011.



Papa, you will be missed here on Earth. I wish you many days of fishing, hunting, card playing, and joke telling in Heaven. Until we met again.
Your little man, G.

No comments:

Post a Comment