Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My Baby Sister is Here!

Well, I was at daycare and when I woke up Miss. Kathleen asked me if my baby sister was here. I told her no. Little did I know my world had changed all while I was taking a nap. My baby sister was here! Mommy went to the hospital Thursday night at 11:00 and was having contractions. They admitted her and the excitement began. Friday morning at 11:10 my baby sister entered the world at 7 pounds 10 ounces. She was 20 1/4 inches long and had a head full of hair. Daddy said everyone in the room said that we looked just alike. What do you think?
This is Baby Wren when she was only minutes old! 

 And this is me with Daddy when I was only minuted old. Yeah... I think she got my looks. 

Wren, welcome to the world. We have been waiting for you to arrive for months and we are so happy that you are here. Our family is now complete and I can't wait to play and grow with you my dear sister. I will always be here for you. I love you, Wren Elizabeth and there are so many other people that love you too! You will never be alone. 

 Wren got her footprints painted. Look at those little feet. How sweet. Daddy said it was hard to remember my feet that small! 

 This was Wren's first bottle. She was only minutes old and Mommy snuggled her and fed her right in the labor and delivery room! 

 Daddy got to cuddle Wren just like he did me! He thinks Wren is beautiful!

 Aunt Sara and MamaJo were in the room when Wren entered this world. Aunt Sara couldn't stop gushing over Wren. 


After the family got some snuggles, the nurses took Wren up to the nursery. While she was there they noticed she had some color changes so they took Wren to NICU. While there she was hooked up to a pulse oximetry probe on her tiny foot. This helped the nurses keep an eye on her oxygen saturation level. We needed her levels to stay between 93 to 100 consistently in order to come home. However, when Wren was eating she would get so caught up in eating that she would forget to take a breath-- causing her oxygen levels to drop. (Another thing she got from me--- her love of eating.) After a few days she mastered eating and breathing together because Mommy and Daddy started feeding her in the side lying position. This helped her out and relaxed everyone. Most of her firsts happened in NICU, like her first bath. But Mommy and Daddy got to be there for all that! I still didn't get to meet Wren while she was in NICU because I was too young. But I was patient.... all I wanted was for Wren to be happy and healthy!   





 Baby Wren hooked up to all her monitors and machines in NICU. It made Mommy and Daddy sad, but they were glad for the watchful eyes and help of the nurses and doctors. 

 Daddy practicing the side lying feeding position in NICU so that Wren would remember to eat and breathe at the same time. Mommy and Daddy practiced at lot in NICU so they would know what to do if a problem happened. 

 Mommy and Daddy came down to NICU every time it was time to feed and be awake! Here they are ohhing and ahhing over Wren. I must say I would ooh and ahh too. Isn't she a doll?

Time for Wren's first bath! Mommy and Daddy were there for that too! Wren didn't like her bath at all, but I told Mommy next time I would talk to her and tell her how fun bath time can be! I think she was scared and cold, but soon we will take baths together and I will even share my bubbles with her! 

After 3 days in NICU Wren was ready to go home. Her oxygen saturations were staying in the healthy range and the doctor was ready to send her home with Mommy and Daddy! This meant that I was going to get the meet my baby sister!! 

 Mommy and Daddy got Wren dressed in her first real outfit and then it was time to bring her home! 

 Wren is finally coming home! My parents were so happy!!!

 Sung as a bug in a.... car seat! Time to hit the road and meet me. Hurry up Wren! 

 Last shot in the hospital. Time to head home with my little sister.

 Bye Bye hospital and hello home! 

 I wasn't home yet, but Marley was! He got to meet baby Wren first. Just like with me he didn't have too much to do with her, but was very gentle and sweet. We love MarMar! 

 Okay, I'll admit it. I wasn't too sure what to think when I saw Wren. I hadn't seen Mommy much at all in 3 whole days and then Wren was taking over her lap. I quickly found a place on Mommy's lap and locked eyes with Wren. She was so sweet and tiny. Finally, I get to see my sister. Love at first sight!

 Sweet baby sister. I just know that we will be best friends! 

 MamMaw stopped in for a snuggle too. Then it was night night in our house. 

So happy that Wren is home. Our family feels complete now. I can't wait to spend more time with Wren. Check back soon to check in on our many adventures. I am sure we won't let you down!


No comments:

Post a Comment