Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A New Year and New Tubes!

Well, it is a new year.... hello 2012. As the new year gets into full swing I am too. I am going to have my first surgery. I am getting tubes put in. I got really sick on Valentine's Day and that ear infection put me over the edge. That's when mommy and daddy signed me up for surgery. Although you may not be able to tell in my V-day pics I had a crazy high fever. I woke mommy and daddy up in the middle of the night and scared them. They decided that since it was technically Valentine's day they would give me my V-day gifts to show me how much they loved me. It made me feel better and I was very excited that I got cool shoes. I wear them all the time now---
 I think that they help me run faster.

 My V-day card from mommy and daddy. I wasn't feeling the best, but hearing all those words of love made me feel better.

 Getting ready to open my V-day surprise!

Converse and a Beatles t-shirt. I am going to be one cool dude!

In March, I has surgery on my ears. The doctor had to put tubes in. Mommy, Daddy, and MamaJo came with me. I wasn't too scared....I would say that I was more hungry than anything! I couldn't eat or drink anything until after surgery. I did good and my ears feel so much better. After surgery I got a present for being such a brave boy. I got an Elmo DVD. Little did Mommy and Daddy know that this would be the day that my Elmo obsession began!


I told you that they wouldn't let me eat. I was hungry and tired of waiting.
Doctors are always running late.


 Daddy took me back to put me to sleep. Mommy said she couldn't do it.
So Daddy suited up and was the brave one.


Finally, I was done and could drink. The nurse gave me juice. It was my first cup of juice and I couldn't get enough. I think I drank 3 cups back to back. Juice was a yummy treat after surgery.


I go back for my checkup in 6 weeks. I sure hope that my ears start feeling better soon- actually they already do! Here's to hearing and feeling well in 2012.


No comments:

Post a Comment