Sunday, August 19, 2012

My Sissy is sick:(

It was another trip to Dr. Tim's. Wren had a fever, but mommy just thought we would go in and see Dr. Tim and it would be in and out. Maybe an ear infection like I had a lot when I was little. So Mommy loaded me and Wren up and we headed to see Dr. Tim. When we got there they told Mommy that since Wren wasn't quite 3 weeks yet and she had an 100.5 fever they were going to have to do some tests. Mommy asked if she should be worried, but Nurse Ellen told her this was just procedure. So we waited a little bit and then Dr. Tim came back in and told mommy Wren needed to go to the hospital. Mommy started crying and the next thing I knew I was with PawPaw at his house and mommy, daddy, and Wren headed off.....



I went to visit Wren the next day and found out she had a UTI. Since she was so tiny she had to get her medicine in an IV. The doctors ran lots of tests, but as far as they can tell this was just a fluke and not something we need to worry about. She had a lots of tests to make sure her kidneys were working right and they were! Daddy snuggled with Wren and it made her feel better. I missed Daddy, but I knew Wren needed him more.







It took a whole week for the medicine to make her feel better. But as you can see Wren is a fighter and beat that nasty bacteria.  She knocked that stuff out. (Update: When Wren was 2 months the bacteria came back and she got another UTI. She is back on meds and still fighting!)








I felt bad for her and for my parents since it was their anniversary. Mommy said her gift was Wren's health. I was sad not to have her around, but glad she is feeling better these days.



No comments:

Post a Comment